Your browser is outdated!
To ensure you have the best experience and security possible, update your browser. Update now
* Prominent strategist and legal expert with broad experience in general corporate governance and transactional work focused on securities laws, corporate finance, capital markets initiatives, debt and equity investments and compliance. Structure and negotiate complex investment transactions and various funding facilities.
* Valued for designing and implementing business strategies, plans and procedures, driving process enhancements, unifying disparate groups and delivering improved performance.
* Capitalize on extensive experience as in-house counsel; acknowledged by peers, subordinates, executive management and board leadership for tenacity and ability to gracefully handle rapidly changing and challenging corporate and regulatory environments.
* Persuasive, educated and skilled negotiator with outstanding communication, client service and relationship management. Oversee and direct complex litigation and negotiate significant settlements to safeguard company interests.
WILMER CUTLER PICKERING HALE AND DORR LLP
- Leveraged expertise as a corporate generalist representing both public and private companies, venture capital firms, and underwriters. Handled initial public offerings (IPOs), follow-on public offerings and shelf offerings, as well as mergers, stock and asset acquisitions and private placements of both equity and debt securities. Acted as business partner, advising boards of directors of publicly-held, private, and not-for-profit issuers on general corporate governance, fiduciary duty compliance, sentencing guidelines, transactional structuring and succession planning.
- Notable Projects & Legal Proceedings:
* Played integral role as team leader, effecting a variety of transactions for numerous technology, pharmaceuticals and life sciences issuers, including the: going private sale of Kronos Incorporated to Hellman & Friedman and JMI Equity; DoubleClick Inc. Rule 144A offering of zero coupon convertible subordinated notes; IPO and follow-on offerings by Akamai Technologies, Inc., Airvana, Inc., Intelligroup, Inc., CollaGenex Pharmaceuticals, Inc., LeMaitre Vascular, Inc. and Momenta Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; and special committee representation of Blockbuster, Inc. in connection with split-off from Viacom Inc.
* Coached, trained and mentored junior attorneys, enhancing skills on topics such as corporate transactions, federal securities laws, financing transactions, public disclosure, corporate record keeping and Section 16 compliance.