Your browser is outdated!
To ensure you have the best experience and security possible, update your browser. Update now
* Prominent strategist and legal expert with broad experience in general corporate governance and transactional work focused on securities laws, corporate finance, capital markets initiatives, debt and equity investments and compliance. Structure and negotiate complex investment transactions and various funding facilities.
* Valued for designing and implementing business strategies, plans and procedures, driving process enhancements, unifying disparate groups and delivering improved performance.
* Capitalize on extensive experience as in-house counsel; acknowledged by peers, subordinates, executive management and board leadership for tenacity and ability to gracefully handle rapidly changing and challenging corporate and regulatory environments.
* Persuasive, educated and skilled negotiator with outstanding communication, client service and relationship management. Oversee and direct complex litigation and negotiate significant settlements to safeguard company interests.
OFS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Since August 2016
- Selected to assume high profile, executive role managing the legal department and providing day-to-day operational leadership and management mirroring the mission and core values of the firm. Advise on all legal aspects of the firm’s products, financings, business structures and legal entities. Design and manage the company’s internal legal function and staff. Oversee the selection, retention, management and evaluation of all outside counsel. Ensure that risk is effectively addressed in all aspects of the business.
- Responsible for the launch and ongoing maintenance of all advisory clients, including collateralized loan obligations (CLOs), business development companies, private funds and registered investment companies. Serve as corporate secretary and as chairman of disclosure committee for public reporting entities and as a member of the SBIC investment committee.
- Collaborate with executive management team to develop and execute upon effective strategies and processes designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the platform. Ensure that strategic objectives shaped at the executive management level are translated into tactical business plans to effectively grow and bolster the financial strength and operating efficiency of the organization. Motivate and mentor a high-performance team. Attract, recruit and retain employees, deepening the pipeline of talent. Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the firm.
- Notable Projects & Proceedings:
* Architected and implemented new D&O, E&O, EPL and IDL program for the platform, producing greater quality catastrophic coverage through a comprehensive manuscripted policy and reducing costs by over 30%.
* Designed and implemented robust 360-degree review process, providing valuable insights into the professional strengths and opportunity areas of employee base.
A full-service, asset management platform providing capital and leveraged finance solutions to U.S. corporations through two complementary lines of business: direct middle-market lending and broadly syndicated loans (over $12 billion invested in more than 4,000 transactions).